Andrew’s energetic and cheerful approach means that life is never dull when he is around. It’s apt that someone who enjoys connecting with people should focus on HR and workplace law. Whether appearing for clients in the Fair Work Commission, making enterprise agreements, corporate restructures, conducting workplace investigations or dealing with union disputes, Andrew relishes the challenges of finding outcomes that best align with clients’ needs and commercial interests.
As a founding partner of the firm, Andrew has spent almost two decades helping employers across the country. With his breadth of experience, he has had a hand in shaping modern employment law including co-drafting the Modern Market and Social Research Industry Award 2020 and leading negotiations on behalf of ADIA to deliver a multi-employer deal.
Andrew doesn’t just advise on the options – he suggests a way forward and then works with his clients to make that happen. There is no such word as “can’t” in Andrew’s book: tell him that something can’t be done, and he’ll find a way through!
Andrew’s work focuses on:
- mergers and acquisitions and transmission of business
- restructuring and redundancy
- termination of employment/unfair dismissal
- workplace policies and procedures
- equal opportunities
- managing workplace harassment and bullying
- union issues
- modern award compliance and statutory employment obligations
- contract preparation and enforcement