A healthy, safe, and fair workplace is the foundation of an effective organisation. It also helps to attract and retain quality staff and reduce potentially costly disputes and conflicts arising in the workplace.
The aim is to successfully navigate the challenges that inevitably arise from the variety of human interactions and behaviours that can occur within the workplace (and sometimes outside of it…).
We’ll work with you to put in place systems and develop skills that will set you up for success, from getting your employment contracts and staff policies right, through to giving your people the training and skills to engage with their teams in a legally compliant and effective way.
Where things go wrong, we’ll be with you every step of the way. Our experienced HR Law and WHS team advises on everything from critical workplace safety events, to the full range of employment claims.
“Successfully navigate the challenges that inevitably arise from the variety of human interactions and behaviours.”
Our expertise includes:
- award interpretation and compliance
- bonus and incentive plans
- defending health and safety prosecutions
- discrimination (including General Protections claims)
- employment contracts
- employment policies and procedures
- enterprise agreements
- executive service agreements
- health & safety policies and procedures
- independent contractor contracts
- restraint of trade and employee confidentiality
- statutory employment obligations
- termination of employment
- training (including employee compliance and front-line manager training)
- transmission of business, restructuring, and redundancy
- unfair dismissal claims
- union issues, including strategy, negotiations, and industrial action
- workplace harassment and bullying
- workplace investigations and advice
- WorkSafe investigations and prosecutions