Focused and direct, with over a decade experience as a specialist workplace relations lawyer, Simonne provides clients with pragmatic advice to help them achieve their objectives. Able to provide both advisory and dispute advice, Simonne addresses the full range of workplace issues that organisations and employees face. Working at the Fair Work Commission, two community legal services and in her family’s business for many years has given her a rounded and commercial perspective.
Simonne’s areas of practice include:
- drafting employment, independent contractor and enterprise agreements
- managing claims including unfair dismissal, underpayment proceeding in the Federal, County and Supreme Courts, as well as VCAT
- conducting investigations
- advice on prevention of bullying, harassment and discrimination claims
- providing strategic advice including on enforcement of post-employment restraints, risks of termination and redundancies and the contractor / employee dichotomy