Prevention is always better than a cure, but where disputes occur, we resolve them effectively with minimal fuss. We don’t sit on the fence: we give a view and advise on the best approach.
We’ll help you understand the potential financial, reputational, and productivity costs of pursuing a dispute to arrive at the best approach overall.
Part of this involves explaining the process and options open to you. By adding clarity and structure to challenging situations, we will help you make reasoned and commercial decisions about your case. Take a look at our litigation roadmap for an example of how we make the process clear for our clients.
Alternative resolution such as mediation, arbitration, conciliation, or early settlement conferences can often be the right approach, as it minimizes cost, uncertainty, and stress. When this collaborative resolution is the right path, we’ll guide you to the best result. And, where litigation is required, we’ll apply our experience to develop strategies that represent you robustly effectively and protect your interests.
“We don’t sit on the fence: we give a view and advise on the best approach.”
Our expertise includes:
- all types of alternative resolution, including mediation (Mark Waters is an accredited mediator)
- Australian Consumer Law disputes (including consumer claims)
- commercial property and construction disputes
- contracts – enforcement, termination, and renegotiation
- liability claims (including product liability and professional negligence)
- debt recovery
- defamation/injurious falsehood
- landlord and tenant disputes
- employment disputes
- franchising disputes
- intellectual property and confidential information disputes
- technology and privacy disputes
- partnership, shareholders, and director disputes
- regulatory enforcement
- wills and estate disputes